Here are some of the questions I get asked frequently.
How reliable is your hosting platform?
I specialize in WordPress hosting on a technology platform engineered for performance, security, and reliability.
- Virtualization technology is used to distribute system loads to ensure optimal performance and easy scaling.
- High performance Serial Attached Storage (SAN) arrays with Solid State Drives (SSDs) provide an incredibly fast and reliable enterprise storage platform.
- Apache is replaced with the LiteSpeed Web Server for faster performance from the ground up.
- A Web Application Firewall (WAF) prevents common CSS and SQL injection attacks and provides “virtual patching” to further protect WordPress sites.
- WordPress sites are “caged,” segregating each site on the same server preventing other site problems from becoming your problem.
- SSL certificates provide a secure connections to WordPress sites.
- Security appliances at the edge of the network provide protection from virus and malware incidents.
- If any server experiences a hardware failure, automatic server failover will get WordPress sites online in minutes.
- Servers are protected with redundant Power Supply Units (PSUs) and redundant 10GBps/sec network uplinks.
- All data is backed up everyday to an off-site location with multiple restore points spanning the past 30 days.
How are you different from other WordPress hosts?
I personally setup and manage your WordPress software. This assures that you receive a pure WordPress installation using the software downloadable from WordPress.org, not an instance in a WordPress application.
How much does hosting cost?
Hosting fees are $14.95/month for 10GB SSD web storage.
What extras are available to clients?
|Assisted WordPress migration||$50|
|Extra SSD web storage in 1 GB increments||$4 per GB per month|
|Guaranteed resource level of 2.4 GHz vCPU / 2 GB DDR4 RAM||$15 per month|
|FTP/SFTP access to your WordPress site||$20|
|Email setup at Protonmail or G Suite||$100|
|Email administration||$25 per hour|
How do I point my domain name to your servers?
You will need to update your nameservers in the DNS panel for your domain name to both:
How long will it take to receive my WordPress site?
I deliver WordPress sites within 48-hours after your domain name propagates to ns1.wpinfluence.com and ns2.wpinfluence.com.
What if I don’t own a domain name?
I partner with OpenSRS to purchase domain names for customers. OpenSRS provides access to a vast array of domain names including many international domains. After you have completed your research, you can request a domain name of your choice when you signup for hosting. I bill you for the annual wholesale cost of the domain name after securing it for you.
Do you provide SSL for WordPress sites?
I install a free SSL certificate for all clients from Let’s Encrypt. This provides security for your WP Admin area and allows you to take credit card transactions on your site.
Do you provide server-side caching for WordPress sites?
I install the LiteSpeed Cache plugin with all WordPress installs. Your website will run on a LiteSpeed server that works in tandem with the LiteSpeed Cache. Caching reduces the number of database calls your WordPress software needs to make and speeds up your site.
What will my Domain Name look like on the Internet?
How can I update other DNS records?
You can update your DNS records (MX, CNAME) by contacting me.
What if I damage my WordPress software while designing a site?
Your WordPress software comes with daily backups that span 30 days. I can restore your website and database to the date of your choice going back 30 days.
Who keeps my themes and plugins updated?
You will need to keep your themes and plugins updated. You will be notified in WP Admin when an update is available. Simply click "update" and the system will automatically update your software. WordPress now allows for automatic updates of plugins.
How does your support work?
I support the technical aspects of your WordPress software: DNS, hosting, and backups, and close all support requests within 24 hours.
Do you have a Web Hosting Agreement with customers?
Yes, by signing up for hosting you enter in a Web Hosting Agreement with WP Influence.